TLD A3 Born From Paint LE MIPS Helmet
TLD A3 Born From Paint LE MIPS Helmet
Special Order Notice
Items in your order marked Ships in 10-14 Days are Special Order items, which means we have to order the item(s) for you from our supplier. Your whole order will be held until all items are in stock and will ship in 10-14 days.
If you are ordering other items which are in stock, you may wish to order those separately so they ship without delay.
Ships from Supplier Notice
This item will ship directly from our supplier in 1-3 business days.
Introducing the limited edition TLD Born From Paint A3 helmet. Designed and painted at TLD's HQ in Corona California, these helmets show off TLD's commitment to custom paint and design.
Born From Paint helmets are strictly limited edition and won't hang around for long!
The A3 provides the deepest coverage of any of TLD's open face helmets and utilises a combination EPS/EPP liner for the best possible protection against both high and low-speed impacts. 16 vents with optimised channelling maximise the airflow, and the Sweatglide system helps to prevent sweat from getting in your eyes and on your lenses when things are heating up on the trail.
The A3 is a very precise fitting helmet, and it is vital that you measure your head to get the sizing right before ordering. Your size may be different compared to other helmets (even the A1 and A2) so don't rely on what size your last helmet was.
The helmet ships with 2 different sized headliners to help you fine-tune the fit. A 6mm liner comes preinstalled and the spare 12mm liner has thicker, denser foam for a tighter fit. They also have handy trim marks printed on them to help you relieve any pressure points or enhance the airflow even further.
Check out this video for some instructions on how to customise the comfort liner to suit your head.
You'll find a few goodies and spares in a little compartment in the box underneath the helmet.
Don't throw the box away until you've rummaged around in there to remove everything first!
What kind of goodies are in the box?
- Helmet bag
- Spare liner
- Spare sweat strip
- Spare visor screws
- Spare Velcro tabs
- Some sweet stickers :D
- Owners manual
- Limited Edition Born From Paint Job: Handcrafted in the TLD HQ in California
- Rotational Impact Protection System: B32 MIPS integrated into retention system (injection moulded LFL)
- Adjustable 3 position visor with Goggle Stowage via Automatic Magnet System
- Impact-absorbing liner with EPS/EPP for optimal High-Speed/Low-Speed energy management
- TLD V3 precision fit retention system with a true 360-degree system and 3 levels of height adjust
- TLD SWEATGLIDE System (Removable Sweat Management System)
- V2 Fidlock-Magnetic Buckle
- Composite smart shear visor screws with custom aluminium anodised washers
- A vast array of sunglasses tested with a conflict-free approved fit
- 2 piece V2 XSTATIC comfort liner
- 3 piece polycarbonate shell creates a more technical/premium look with more graphic capability
- TLD's deepest coverage half shell
- 16 vents with optimised engineered channelling
- 3 shell sizes for optimal fit
- V2 Adjustable easy set side strap harnesses
- Weight: Approx 375g (weight varies according to size)
- Terrence S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoStylish looking helmet that looks fast whilst stationary.
I bought this helmet as a replacement for another that got dented when I suffered a crash and had the bike land on top of it. The A3 arrived quickly in a box that more than accommodated the helmet. The A3 was comfortable from the get go, and didn't have any obvious pinch or pressure points. I don't want to find out if this A3 will hold up to an ad hoc dirt nap or a bike landing on top of it, but I'm sure it will be plenty sufficient to hold up the rigors of mountain biking.
The cat also approved of the helmet, which is an important thing.FitRated 3.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ComfortRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5QualityRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5ValueRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.