Whether it doesn’t fit, you’ve changed your mind, or for any other reason, we’re happy to receive the item back in 'as new' condition within 60 days of purchase and provide a credit or refund.
Our Return Policy
We will refund or credit items that are -
- 'As new’ in appearance - no signs of wear, use, installation or damage
- In original packaging, which is in perfect condition (including all tags still attached)
- Being returned within 60 days from date of purchase
- (Perishable items with a "use by" or "best before" date must be returned and received by us within 30 days from date of purchase)
Please note: If you’re unsure as to whether your item meets these conditions for a refund/credit, please contact us before returning your item. If we receive an item for return that is not in perfect condition (e.g. tags removed, packaging damaged, showing signs of wear or use) we may decline the return or charge a restocking fee.
We offer Capped Price Return Shipping -
As long as the item(s) you are sending are being returned from within Australia and they can be carried by AusPost (details here), we can offer a Capped Price Return Shipping cost of $12.50.
To access this service, simply submit your return via your MTB Direct account or fill out the form at the bottom of this section and then you will have the option of purchasing an AusPost label for $12.50.
Alternatively, you can arrange your own return shipping if that is more cost effective (e.g. if the item you are returning is very small). You will also need to arrange your own shipping via a courier for the return of bulky/oversized items.
Customers are responsible for the cost of return shipping on all returns, and for ensuring the parcel reaches us safely. You may wish to consider a registered/insured service.
We'll process your return as a gift certificate or refund
We’ll assess your item and process a gift certificate or a refund back to your original payment method. We aim to do this within 72 business hours of receiving the parcel (as long as your return was submitted via your MTB Direct account or our Return Form - below - has been submitted).
You'll receive an email notifying you once it has been processed.
We’ll refund the price you paid for that particular item, but note that we don’t refund any shipping costs originally charged and we deduct any promotional savings (e.g. if you purchased 2 items as part of a "buy 2 items, get 10% off", and return one of them, we will refund the difference as though you just purchased the 1 item).
A note about EXCHANGES
We do not offer item-for-item exchanges.
To exchange an item, simply send your item back and once the return has been processed you will be forwarded the value in the form of a Gift Certificate that you will be able to apply to order the new/replacement item.
If you have multiple returns to send back together, each MUST be individually lodged according to each individual order number, CLEARLY identifiable in the return box to avoid delays in processing.
Please note the information on this page relates to returns only (change of mind).
If you are unlucky enough to experience a problem or fault that you think may be a warranty claim please lodge your warranty claim through our Warranty Assessment and Claim Submission form.
Do you have a MTBD account?
If you made your purchase using your MTBD account, you can lodge your return through your account by following these steps.
- Click here to log into your MTBD Account (opens in new tab)
- Once logged into your account, expand "Purchases" and click on Purchases History
- Find the order you wish to return and click on it
- Click on the Request a Return button (only orders that have been sent will display the "Request a Return" button)
- Tick the item(s) you want to return and select a Reason for Return for each item.
- Set the Receive reimbursement as* dropdown to either Gift Voucher or Refund. If Gift Voucher is selected, you will receive an extra 10% up to a maximum of $20. If you select Refund, you are refunded the amount you were charged to the same payment method/account you purchased the item(s) with (no uplift).
- Once you're done, you can press the Submit Request button to create the Return Authorisation (RMA).
- You will now be shown your RMA # along with instructions (including Return Address and the AusPost Capped Price Return Label link) on how to send the item(s) back to us.
Did you check out as a 'guest'?
If you made your purchase and checked out without creating an account with us, you can still lodge your return by simply completing the form below:
- Please note: This Return form must be completed before any items are sent back to us for return.
- Once this form is submitted, details on how to post back your return (including Return Address and the AusPost Capped Price Return Label link) will be available: Fill out my online form.
Generally speaking, an item damaged in a crash or during use will not be covered under warranty - unfortunately, crashes and damage are part of the sport!
The only exception is some brands of helmet who offer a crash replacement policy. Each brand has a different policy, and the policies change from time to time, so we usually need to consult the importer to find out what they can offer on a case-by-case basis.
So if you purchased a helmet through us and it's been damaged in a crash, send us an email with your original invoice and images of the damaged helmet and we'll contact the importer to discuss a crash replacement.
Please note this does not apply to all brands and the list is regularly changing - contact us to find out whether your helmet is covered.