Giro Chronicle MIPS Helmet
The Giro Chronicle MIPS represents fantastic protection at an excellent price point.
The Chronicle isn't short on features either. This is no surprise considering it's drawing on the technology of the top level Giro Montaro. The Chronicle is rocking:
- Deep Fit for maximum coverage and confidence to send it!
- Protection - The MIPS sytem is an insert below the EPS liner that allows the head to rotate slightly within the shell of the helmet in the event of a big crash. This slows the rotational forces on the brain. The EPS shell is covered by a tough in-moulded polycarbonate shell.
- POV Plus Visor - The visor has several preset positions including a high mode that allows you to store your goggles above the brow, but below the visor. Perfect for those long climbs!
- Fit - Roc Loc 5 lets you easily dial in tension and adjust the vertical position with one hand.
- Coolmax Hydrophillic Padding - Great for wicking away sweat while being plush and comfortable. Can absorb up to 10 times its on weight in sweat!
- Ventilation - 14 wind tunnel vents draw cool air in and exhaust it out the back.
Ratings & Reviews
Ok, but could be better
Good solid helmet, lack of cool pads and thickness of helmet is a bit crap.. over all good winter helmet and feel safe in it
My giro fixture is preferred
Weak plastic clips fault
Don't buy it. Poor design on plastic clips and they are weak and break off.
I have used this helmet for less than 2 years, always kept it in case and it has never been damaged. The clips and plastic that holds the adjuster at the back of the helmet broke off on both sides and the helmet is now not usable.
I contacted Giro to see what they could do about the clear product quality and design issue and they said nothing as it was outside of warranty.
Just like wearing a hat.
by Shem Dutson
Very happy with the weight and feel of this helmet, looks good too.
Put it on ya head to increase your shred.
When I found myself in need of a new lid I just couldn't look past the giro chronicle mips. It may not be the top of giros range but it's packed full of tech to protect ya melon on the trails. The chronicle has to be one of the most comfortable helmets I've ever put my head in and it's coverage gives the same confidence I find in a full face helmet. The mips system on a helmet in this price range is awesome and can only be measured by the amount of extra stoke the rider acquires when ripping down the trail.
If you are looking for a helmet that is full of features, inspires confidence on the trail and makes you look a million bucks but dosnt require you selling a kidney then the chronicle mips is a solid choice.
Comfortable but Rocloc button snapped
by Ian de Kam
Comfortable and breathes OK but visor can slip too low and after 6 months the Rocloc button broke and can't be replaced
Great Value and protection!
Great helmet, one of the best value mips helmets. Padding is nice and the vents do their job. One minor problem, the visor came a little bent.