TLD D3 Carbon Helmet
The TLD D3 Carbon is the benchmark for full face helmets in the mountain bike industry.
The Troy Lee Designs D3 Carbon helmet sits proudly at the top of the tree in the full face helmet category. It's suitable for any rider that is chasing maximum protection and will be found most commonly in the gravity disciplines of enduro and downhill. The TLD D3 Carbons come in many different paint schemes so you can choose anything from mild to wild!
The D3 Carbon uses only the best of materials:
- The shell is constructed from advanced aerospace grade carbon / composite. This helps to keep it nice and light whilst being very tough.
- Titanium D ring and machined titanium visor screws reduce weight, are corrosion resistant and are super strong.
- The removable comfort liner is made with Coolmax and Dri-Lex materials and is fully washable.
- The inner pad system is a dual density so it protects your head from multiple small impacts. It also provides greater durability for those big single impacts to the EPS liner. For 2016 the EPS liner has an improved shape for better fit and feel and also additional material for frontal crashes.
- It's easy to keep your cool in the TLD D3. Ventilation is taken care of thanks to a whopping 14 strategically situated intake ports. The hot air then exits through 6 high-flow vents.
- The visor on the D3 Carbon is fully adjustable too.
- For 2016 the D3 Carbon gets updated 3D cheekpads. These contour to the shaps of the jaw/cheeks and offer extended coverage to disperse the load and give an even more secure fit.
- The TLD D3 Carbon is Australian standards approved and also exceeds CSPC 1203, ATSM F1952, ATSM F2032 and ASTM F2040 safety requirements and standards.
What's in the box?
Aside from the helmet, you'll get two additional colour matched visors and a wicked TLD D3 fully lined helmet bag to protect your investment
What are the drawbacks or compromises?
This is a no compromise helmet. No corners were cut in the design nor in the manufacture of this helmet. They certainly aren't the cheapest full face option out there, but you only get one head!
The only drawback that we can see is working out which of the badass paint jobs to choose from!
What does it weigh?
This will depend on paint job and size. But it's going to be somewhere around 1130g.
For a full sizing chart, click on the final picture. Sizing is measured around the head, just above the ears. (where a hat would sit)
Extra Small 52 - 53cm
Small 54 - 55cm
Medium 56 - 57cm
Large 58 - 59cm
XL 60 - 62cm
XXL 63 - 65cm
Ratings & Reviews
by Simon B. -
Nice and light. I got this for a bike trip to Whistler and it turned out to be absolutely necessary!
Great helmet and great price
by Leon -
Great helmet and great price .will be back for an other purchase
Amazing helmet, super lightweight, comfortable
by Jack B -
Amazing helmet, super lightweight, comfortable and has really good protection
Great Troy Lee quality, just
by TJSA -
Great Troy Lee quality, just as expected. Nice fit, comfy and easy to pull out padding for washing. Being last years model this is an amazing price, why pay double for the latest model..
poor fit for myself ,
by Dean -
poor fit for myself , pressure points at back of head and forehead ( try one first $ to return ) looked great and light but thats it . So got a fox carbon , 150 or so grams heavier but better fit , comfort , vision and ventilation .
Matte finish of reflex yellow
by Anton -
Helmet it self is excellent. Been using tld since the 90's. the only let down on 2016 d3 reflex yellow is the matte finish. If it was gloss finish, it would have been excellent. Matte yellow could get dirty easily and hard to clean it up.