Join MTB Direct and bring your SuiteCommerce skills to the table!
We’re on the lookout for a new SuiteCommerce Advanced Developer.
MTB Direct is a leading Australian online retailer selling mountain bike parts, clothing and accessories to riders around Australia, New Zealand and increasingly around the world. We’ve been recognised in a bunch of awards for our consistent, fast growth and our forward-thinking approach to business (AFR Fast100; Telstra Business Awards; Westpac Business of Tomorrow), including hitting #36 on Deloitte’s 2019 Tech 50 list - which is a big win as it recognises not only our growth but that we’re more than just a retailer - we do cool tech stuff!
We run on NetSuite/SuiteCommerce, and as an online business with a relatively large SKU count, these systems are central to our operation. We’re an entirely remote business, with all staff working in home-based offices in cities and towns across Australia.
We’re not a giant corporation, but we’ve moved well beyond the startup phase of our journey. In fact, our IT team is stretched with a backlog of fixes, enhancements and projects which is why we’re looking for a SuiteCommerce Advanced Developer.
We're embarking on bigger, better, more exciting strategic projects as the business grows - and NetSuite/SCA is the backbone of many of these initiatives.
So who do we need?
We need you to be -
- Able to see the big picture with regards to the rest of the business and our customers.
- Stoked on our values and clear on what they mean for you as a part of our team and in this role.
- Able to systematically break down issues to identify root causes and resolve them.
- Able to clearly articulate problems, solutions and processes.
- Someone who is stoked on sharing their knowledge and is an open communicator.
- Willing and able to get involved with every part of our software development lifecycle, be it investigating bugs, scoping new features, developing or testing.
- Passionate about code quality and processes while keeping these in tension with flexibility.
What are the requirements?
We believe demonstrating deep, relevant experience trumps a piece of paper any day! We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate experience and success in developing for SuiteCommerce Advanced such as:
- Diagnosing & resolving SuiteCommerce web store bugs.
- Developing new features requiring changes to the theme and application.
- Experience developing extensions and ideally proficient with core tools.
- Identifying & resolving page speed performance improvements.
What does the role look like in practice?
Well if you’d been with us over the last few months, you would have assisted with the launch of our New Zealand website, developing a new PDP design, developing a new one page checkout as well as a whole lot of minor enhancements to help our customers use our web store. We have a list of strategic projects we’re dying to implement but also mix it up with bug fixes and various improvements waiting in our backlog.
What about the details?
Sure, here are a few other bits and pieces about this role -
Location: Wherever! You’ll be working remotely. The team members you’re likely to be working closest with are in Sydney and the Gold Coast, so if you’re local we may catch up periodically but this is not a prerequisite. Our whole team works remotely, using apps like Slack to chat and do regular calls. You’ll just need a home office / work-from-home setup with reliable, fast internet.
Hours and remuneration: We anticipate that the right person for this role might be coming from an environment where they work big hours where long overtime is expected. This role will be very different, plus you'll work from home, with no commute. You’ll work an agreed set of hours each week - we can be flexible on which hours but they will be agreed in advance so we know exactly when you’ll be around and we can make sure we hit all our targets and deadlines! Salary range varies depending on the person we find and their experience level.
Sound like you? Then here’s how to apply!
As well as sending a PDF copy of your current CV, please include a covering email that outlines why you believe you’re a great fit for this role. In that email, please make specific reference to all of the following -
- Any examples where you’ve identified a bug which required significant refactoring and the outcome as perceived by the user.
- Any previous experience (if any) working remotely/with a remote team.
- Any previous work with businesses similar to us (SMB, agile, rapidly growing, ecommerce).
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m [NAME] and I’m applying to be your new SuiteCommerce Advanced Developer” before 5pm (Melbourne time) Monday 31st August 2020.