Shimano SLX CS-M7000 11 Speed Cassette
The SLX CS-M7000 11 Speed Cassette is Shimano's newest mid-range 11 speed cassette offering. Taking many of the performance features from it's bigger brother (Deore XT) and pairing it with durability and affordability. These reasonably lightweight cassettes are designed with Shimano's DYNA-SYS philosophies ensuring crisp, clean, precise gear changes KM after KM.
Who's this item for: Riders who are after a good performing 11 speed Shimano cassette.
Number of gears: 11
- 11-40T 467-grams (claimed)
- 11-42T 491-grams (claimed)
- 11-46T 482-grams (claimed)
- 11-40T / steel for gears 1-10 and aluminum for 11
- 11-42T / steel for gears 1-10 and aluminum for 11
- 11-46T / steel for gears 1-9 and aluminum for 10 and 11
- 11-40T / 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-27-31-35-40
- 11-42T / 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-37-42
- 11-46T / 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-37-46
Freehub mounting style: The SLX CS-M7000 series cassettes utilise the Shimano HG Spline freehubs.
Other component compatibility: This is compatible with any other Shimano 11 speed drivetrain.
Pros: Great shift performance at an even better price. SLX is the king of the budget friendly drivetrain category. Good selection of tooth ranges.
Cons: No 10-tooth small cog.