Peaty's Foaming Drivetrain Degreaser
Who's this item for: Riders after a biodegradable degreaser which is safe to use for regular drivetrain cleaning and degreasing.
Applying Peaty's Foaming Drivetrain Degreaser:
- Apply liberally to the cassette while cycling the chain backwards, building up a thick layer of foam.
- Apply directly to any other areas not already coated such as crank arms, derailleur bodies or jockey wheels.
- Run through all of your gears several times to agitate the grime.
- Agitate any stubborn areas where needed (you can use a cassette brush) then leave to soak for two minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with clean water.
- Dry the chain using a clean cloth
- Apply Chain Lubricant.
Pros: It's biodegradable and won't attack your important bearing grease. Comes in an easy to apply spray bottle.
Cons: If you are looking to degrease and repack your bearings, you are going to need something a bit stronger.