Are you our new IT Manager?
MTB Direct is a leading online retailer selling mountain bike parts, clothing and accessories to riders across Australia and New Zealand. We’ve been recognised in a bunch of awards for our consistent, fast growth and our forward-thinking approach to business (AFR Fast100; Telstra Business Awards; Westpac Business of Tomorrow), including Deloitte’s Tech 50 list - which is a big win as it recognises not only our growth but that we’re more than just a retailer - we do cool tech stuff!
We run on Netsuite/SuiteCommerce, and as an online business with a relatively large SKU count, these systems are central to our operation. We’re an entirely remote business, with all staff working in home-based offices in cities and towns across Australia and New Zealand, so we utilise a host of cloud-based solutions to keep connected with customers and each other.
Why does this role exist?
We’re embarking on bigger, better and more exciting strategic projects - and tech is the backbone of many of these. We also need to ensure we stay on top of data, privacy and risk as we grow, and that all of our IT systems are secure, fast, reliable and scalable.
So who do we need? We need you to be -
- Able to think strategically and see the big picture.
- Exceptional at project management and keeping both yourself and your team (both internal and external contractors) on track and kicking goals.
- Prepared to get on the tools. We’re a lean team and we like everyone to be able and willing to “do”, not just strategise.
- Stoked on our values and clear on what they mean for you as a part of our team and in this role.
- Able to clearly articulate the problems, then offer solutions and processes so we can get the necessary team members up to speed quickly.
- Able to present researched options, with a reasoned recommendation, to decision-makers where required.
- Able to innovate processes and work with the team to develop repeatable systems and approaches to manage the tasks and projects that fall to IT.
- Lead the creation of documentation and process maps to share knowledge with other team members
What are the requirements? We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate experience and success in:
- Ecommerce and/or a retail environment - while this background is not required, experience in ecommerce or general retail would be very beneficial.
- Managing, encouraging and getting the most out of a team, preferably a mix of both internal team members and external contractors.
- ERP systems - Netsuite/SCA experience will be looked upon very favourably, but is not required - however other ERP experience would be helpful.
- Project management - while formal project management training is not required, a demonstrated track record of managing projects and teams is a must.
- Supporting and administering cloud based IT systems such as Office 365 or G Suite.
- Hands on experience with reporting/dashboarding tools such as Power BI would be beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager would be beneficial but not required.
- Willingness to learn new systems/platforms to fill any knowledge gaps.
What does that all look like in practice? Well if you’d been with us over the last few months, you would have -
- Met with the COO to review active projects, timeframes & resources and adjusted to match current business priorities.
- Set up a product feed to our EDM platform for dynamic marketing emails.
- Scoped and managed a project for bulk overnight data updates from Netsuite to Power BI.
- Scoped and implemented a project for automatic cloud backups of our business documents.
- Investigated security awareness training options and presented a recommendation with costs to the COO.
- Worked with our lead developer to deploy custom event tracking in Google Analytics using GTM.
- Set up and onboarded new customer service staff and updated the employee IT onboarding process.
- Assisted internal staff with various IT support questions, or triaged to assign to the best resource.
What about the details? Sure, here are a few other bits and pieces about this role -
Location: Anywhere across Australia or New Zealand, as you’ll be working remotely. Our whole team works remotely, using apps like Slack to chat and do regular calls. You’ll just need a home office / work-from-home setup with reliable, fast internet.
Hours and remuneration:
You'll be primarily working from home, with no commute (or corporate uniform!) required. You’ll work an agreed set of hours each week - we can be flexible on which hours but they will be agreed in advance so we know when you’ll be around and we can make sure we hit all our targets and deadlines!
This is a full-time role with a salary that will vary depending on the experience of the candidate, with an indicative salary range of $100K+.
Sound like you? Then here’s how to apply!
As well as sending a PDF copy of your current CV, please include a covering email that outlines why you believe you’re a great fit for this role. In that email, please make specific reference to -
- Any previous projects or work that included similar responsibilities, and what outcomes were achieved.
- Any previous experience working remotely/with a remote team.
- Any previous work with businesses similar to us (SMB, agile, rapidly growing, ecommerce).
Please email applications to email@example.com with the subject line “I’m [NAME] and I’m applying to be your new IT Manager” before 5pm (Melbourne time) Friday 23 April 2021.