Are you our new Head of Digital Marketing?
MTB Direct is a leading Australian online retailer selling mountain bike parts, clothing, and accessories to riders around the country (and increasingly around the world). We’ve been recognised in a bunch of awards for our consistent, fast growth and our forward-thinking approach to business (AFR Fast100; Telstra Business Awards; Westpac Business of Tomorrow; Deloitte’s Tech 50 list).
We’re a rapidly growing business, with a strong reputation and experience in a range of marketing channels and strategies (emails, organic social, paid social, adwords, onsite creative and campaigns, customer surveys, competitions and giveaways, and more). Having recently launched our website in New Zealand, this is a really exciting time to join the team.
Why does this role exist?
The Head of Digital Marketing needs to take strategic and practical ownership of high-quality customer acquisition and retention campaigns.
So who do we need?
We need you to be -
- Excited about creating a comprehensive marketing strategy and seeing it through to execution.
- All over the idea of taking a campaign and lifecycle focus, rather than a siloed channel focus.
- Able to innovate processes and develop repeatable systems and approaches to manage the tasks and projects that fall to marketing.
- All about data, measuring impact, and making data-driven decisions. You know your way around the analytics sections of major channels, as well as Google Analytics - and you know what to do with all that information.
- An on the tools doer. You get stuff done. You can consistently execute on ideas.
- Comfortable supervising and supporting our Content Production Specialist and Marketing Assistant, and confident to oversee the team as it grows.
- Stoked on our values and clear on how they would play out in our marketing.
- Comfortable with our tone of voice and who we are as a brand. You know how to speak to mountain bikers, where to find mountain bikers, how to engage mountain bikers.
- Ready to learn and work with us as we expand our marketing strategy and explore existing and new opportunities!
What are the requirements?
We’re really interested to hear from candidates with relevant experience - we believe demonstrating deep, relevant experience trumps a piece of paper any day! We’re looking for someone who can clearly demonstrate experience and success in:
- Managing the digital strategy for a retailer (with a strong preference for ecommerce experience)
- Managing, encouraging and getting the most out of a team.
- Project management - while formal project management training is not required, a demonstrated track record of managing projects and teams is a must.
- Monitoring/analytics/reporting tools.
What does that all look like in practice?
Well if you’d been with us over the last month, you would have -
- Ideated and pitched a kick arse idea, tested it and made a recommendation to implement or not with learnings either way.
- Managed a series of campaigns for new and featured brands across email, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Google and reported on key campaign metrics, including whether the campaign met target ROAS for both Australia and New Zealand.
- Briefed our Marketing Assistant on 2 x weekly emails to our Australian subscribers and 1 x weekly email to our New Zealand subscribers.
- Supported and managed our Content Production Specialist and Marketing Assistant.
- Integrated our product data feed with Facebook/Instagram.
- Worked with our Adwords agency to monitor campaign performance and make adjustments.
- Developed content-marketing cross-channel campaigns based on blogs, videos and other content developed by our team, determining the best demographic segment, goals and strategy for each campaign.
- Conducted a split test on product recommendations.
- Reported back to the COO & CEO about performance, analysis and next steps on all of the above.
What about the details?
Sure, here are a few other bits and pieces about this role -
Location: Wherever! You’ll be working remotely. Our whole team works remotely, using apps like Slack to chat and do regular calls. You’ll just need a home office / work-from-home setup with reliable, fast internet.
Hours and remuneration: You'll be primarily working from home, with no commute (or corporate uniform!) required. You’ll work an agreed set of hours each week - we can be flexible on which hours but they will be agreed in advance so we know when you’ll be around and we can make sure we hit all our targets and deadlines!
This is a full-time role with a salary that will vary depending on the experience of the candidate, with an indicative range of $80,000-$120,000.
Sound like you? Then here’s how to apply!
As well as sending a PDF copy of your current CV, please include a covering email that outlines why you believe you’re a great fit for this role. In that email, please make specific reference to -
- Any previous roles or work that included similar responsibilities, and what outcomes were achieved.
- Any previous experience working remotely/with a remote team.
- Any previous work with businesses similar to us (agile, rapidly growing, e-commerce).
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I’m [NAME] and I’m applying to be your new Head of Digital Marketing” before 5pm (Melbourne time) Friday 5th March 2021.