Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet
It's back! The Giro Switchblade MIPS is the latest incarnation of the original "enduro" helmet. Released in 1998 - before "enduro" wasn't even a thing - the original switchblade shocked the MTB world with it's removeable chin bar. While the original switchblade may have been a glorified cross country helmet with a chin bar, the new Switchblade is coming from the opposite end of the spectrum. With full ASTM dowhill certification, the switchblade is a descent focussed helmet, that allows you to remove the chinbar for those tough transition stages. The removeable jaw piece is features stainless steel hardware, and anchor points moulded straight into the EPS foam for maximum stiffness and strenght.
To remove the chinbar is a breeze - just push the buttons underneath the chinbar, rotate it up and it's off. Installation is just as easy.
With the chinbar removed, the full cut styling is super aggressive!
- Certified ATSM Downhill helmet with or without the chinbar. NOT ACCEPTED AT MTBA DH EVENTS, MTBA ENDURO IS FINE THOUGH.
- Easily Removeable Chinbar.
- Extra cooling is delivered via wind tunnels in the cheek pads for maximum ventilation. There is 20 vents with internal channels too.
- Hydrophillic padding absorbs up to 10 x it's own weight in water. This keeps sweat from running into your eyes.
- The X-Static lining is antimicrobial to keep it smelling fresh!
- Fitting is spot on with Giro's Roc Loc Air DH system.
- MIPS technology provides maximum protection from certain crashes
- Visor has multiple positions including an "out of the way" position that allows goggle storage underneath.
- Supplied with an additional visor that has a action camera mount underneath the visor
- The Switchblade MIPS is ultralight too at just 975g.
Measured around the head just above the ears. For more sizing details, see the last picture.
Small - 51 - 55cm
Medium - 55 - 59cm
Large - 59 - 63cm
Ratings & Reviews
by Warrick H. -
Helmet is hotter then others however the overall protection and feel is awesome. it is a tight helmet to initially get on your head however feels very snug and secure once one the chin strap is so much better then the normal bicycle strap style and the removable chin bar is easy to use.
by Mario M. -
Perfect, great fit and feel. Excellent ventilation, good breathability with the chin guard in place even on a cross country loop. I find the helmet cooler than my old dirt jump lid. I don't find the padding on the chin strap makes my neck hot. Extremely happy with the helmet and the service from Mountain Bikes Direct.
by james a. -
best helmet I've ever owned.
Giro Switchblade MIPS Helmet
by Daniel P. -
Brilliant helmet. Very comfortable.
by jonathon C. -
Killer helmet. First of all the sizing guide is accurate and is great for guessing your size. Great helmet from the build quality to the hardware. It had that solid click sound when detaching the chin bar and the right thud when putting it back on. Feels great riding; light weight and breathable for the long rides in the heat. The detachable chin bar is so useful on the up climbs, however you might want to bring a bag to strap it to. I modified my hydration bag to have a clip to attach it and it works for me. Riding with goggles is exactly the same, both with and without the chin bar. Snug fit and comfortable. I like the look of the half cut and it's grown on me more after having the helmet. It's different, but cool and practical for Aussie riding. Check out some images on google though cause it's not for everyone.
Best Thing I have put My Head In
by Adrian C. -
This is a great helmet, light but feels super protective.