Fox Shox Float X2 Factory Kashima Air Shock
If descending is the most important part of your ride and you're after the ultimate in small bump sensitivity, big hit capability, and huge potential for tuning, then the FOX FLOAT X2 is the shock for you. Already a top performer with countless World Cup DH and Enduro World Series wins under its belt, the X2 has been redesigned from the ground-up for 2021, to make it even more capable.
Featuring an entirely new chassis and damper for 2021, X2 has had a whole bunch of updates to the internals to make it perform even better than previous generations. It's also easier to install on even more frame designs thanks to a more compact piggyback reservoir.
Who is this for: This is for riders that love descending and want the ultimate in small bump sensitivity, big hit performance and tunability. It's designed for use on DH sleds and hard-hitting Enduro bikes and for riders that are quite adept at tuning suspension and know what all the dials do.
Spring type: The X2 is an air shock. The air spring is tunable by adjusting the air pressure and through the installation of air volume spacers.
Compression damper adjustments:
- HSC: 8 clicks
- LSC: 16 clicks
- Optional 2-position Open/Firm lever (retains high and low-speed compression adjustment)
Rebound damper technologies: 2021 sees improved high-speed rebound tunability via the addition of VVC (Variable Valve Control)
Rebound damper adjustments:
- HSR (w/VVC): 8 clicks
- LSC 16 clicks
- XV EVOL air sleeve with 300psi max (all sizes)
- Progressive bottom-out bumper.
- Improved pump clearance with an Angled tank valve.
- Improved oil flow for better damping control and consistency.
- Improved linear damping profile for increased plushness.
- Redesigned seals improve friction reduction.
- Imperial, trunnion and metric sizes
- 2-position Open/Firm lever for high and low-speed compression on select models
- High and low-speed compression and rebound adjustment
- More tunability via Advanced RVS damping system.
- Kashima Coated Shaft
- Starting Weight*493 g (* 7.875 x 2.25)
Pros: Huge potential for tuning with HSC/LSC and HSR/LSR. The X2 is renowned for having a coil-like feel with the extra potential for tuning that an air spring offers.
Cons: More adjustment options means more potential to totally mess things up.
Please Note: The X2 is supplied WITHOUT mounting hardware.To download the Float X2 Tuning Guide, Click Here.