Dert Tailgate Pad 2.0 - Black
We've taken everything that you loved about the original Dert tailgate pad and made it significantly more awesome with additional protection so you can strap your pride and joy in and know for certain it's going to be safe and sound.
1. We've doubled the amount of foam used where the bike sits.
2. We're using a top of the line foam that won't break down over time.
3. We went with a double layer of the outside material (that your bike sits on) to double the useable life of the pad.
4. We went with an upgraded velvet liner on the inside (where it sits against the ute) so you're never going to scratch it.
5. We've gone up to 4 straps to hold the pad onto the tailgate. This ensures it's always sitting nice and flat and looking sweet.
The 2.0 pad will still hold 5 bikes and still installs in minutes. It's got a flap opening to access your tailgate handle too.
Suits virtually all Australian styleside utilities including Toyota Hilux, Mitsubishi Triton, Ford Courier, Ford Ranger, Ford Falcon, Mazda Bravo, Mazda BT 50 Series, Holden Rodeo, Holden Commodore, Ford Falcon. Pad is 135cm wide.
For installation instructions (including how to avoid two common installation mistakes!) visit: http://ridedert.com/how-to-install/
Ratings & Reviews
Value for money!
by Jack W. -
Purchased the Tailgate Pad and was exactly as described and functioned exactly as detailed
Good quality and good price
Good, not great
by Paul -
Bikes sit securely, and when positioned per instructions there is heaps of cushy frame padding, the trouble is in that position I can't access my Ute tailgate handle (ranger).
Could benefit from a lock point as well to allow for anti-theft protection.
Padded but not 100%
by paul c. -
This is a good tailpad, but has some issues:
-the Velcro straps are too long to secure a normal frame, my cube how fits ok but my konas not so much, you need a beefy bottom tube to get good purchase
- the securing straps are fraying where they were heat cut, no biggie but annoying
-positioned correctly to protect frames the cutout for the tailgate handle is too high for a ford ranger, the cutout could be made 200mm longer to solve this
Other than that the pad does what you need, allows quick racking for short hops and protects both bike and Ute.
Can't spell but can protect - Dert 2.0 Tailgate Pad
by ian p. -
Whats not to like, it's got twice as much padding (the original one must have been thin), it is furry on one side and tough on the other. It straps the bikes in well and protects the tailgate all at a great price and free shipping. Get one, even if you don't have a ute, they are that good.