Cane Creek Helm Air Sprung Fork
Featuring a stiff chassis, heaps of tuning options and the ability to adjust the travel length without the need to purchase a new air spring, the Cane Creek Helm is an incredibly versatile, hard-charging fork. You can run it at 170mm with a super progressive stroke on your enduro bike or make it nice and supple at 140mm on your trail bike. The key to this tunability is the adjustable air spring curve (via Internal 8-position indexed system) and the ability to independently set the positive/negative air springs to fine tune the ride quality to your liking.
Now available in 29/27.5+!
The 29/27.5+ model offers 130-160mm travel
How is the negative spring pressure set?
During inflation through the air valve on the left leg of the fork, an additional step is required for properly setting sag with appropriate negative air pressure. Charging the air valve only adds air to the positive chamber of the air spring. To inflate the negative air chamber a button on the bottom of the left leg opens a valve and transfers air from the positive air chamber to the negative air chamber.
How is the negative spring pressure adjusted?
Because the two air chambers are isolated, the rider can set different air pressures in the different chambers for the desired feel. First, inflate the positive air chamber, then press the negative air chamber equalizer button. Once the two air chambers have the same amount of pressure, either increase or decrease the amount of air in the positive chamber. The negative air chamber will remain at the original psi relative to the change in positive air pressure.
- Weight: 2070 grams (27.5), 2080 (29/27.5+)
- Damping: high-speed compression, low-speed compression, low-speed rebound
7-way adjustable suspension fork
- high-speed compression
- low-speed compression
- low-speed rebound
- Air volume adjust (8-position Internal indexed system)
- Independent positive air spring
- Independent negative air spring
- Indexed travel adjust system
- High volume positive and negative air springs
- 27.5": Optimized for 140 - 170mm of travel
- 29/27.5+": Optimized for 130-160mm of travel
- Internal, 10mm Increments, 2 Travel spacers included
Axle / Spacing / Offset
- "D-Loc" 15mm thru axle system / 15mm x 110 BOOST spacing / 44mm
D-Loc Axle Assembly:
- Hard anodized aluminium cam lever closes against a self-lubricating brass clamp washer for axle function longevity
- Fast and easy keyed entry axle and lock system
- Eliminates unwanted rotational and torsional axle forces
Air Volume Adjustment:
- Accessory-Free adjustment
- 8 levels of volume reduction
Versatile Air Spring:
- Thoughtfully isolated positive and negative air chambers for ultimate tuning
- Internal travel adjustment possible with items straight out of the box.
Axle to Crown Height:
- 140mm of Travel - 533mm Ride Height
- 150mm of Travel - 543mm Ride Height
- 160mm of Travel - 553mm Ride Height
- 170mm of Travel - 563mm Ride Height
To view Cane Creek's range of rear shocks, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
The David vs Goliath of MTB forks
by Mitchell Joint
This is the best trail/enduro fork, hands down. I have ridden Fox 36's and Rockshox Lyric's and yet still this fork outshines the lot with its amazing adjustably and ride feel. It is a little heavier than other forks but this is down to the truly rock-solid build. Cane Creek has an in-depth youtube video on how to set sag and settings which I have not needed to change as of yet. If you want something that rivals the best forks on the market and is a diversion from other brands on the trail, then the Cane Creek Helm is for you.
Cane Creek Helm on a Specialized Levo
by Tony T. -
After having a play with the for settings when I first purchased my Helm 27.5 forks I came up with the perfect setting for my Specialized Levo. Since then the fork has been consistently performing 100%. I have set the inbuilt volume spacer to around 1/ 2 way to account for the extra weight of the Ebike and running my slow speed dampning at just a couple of clicks out at around 70psi and the high speed setting at 3 clicks. The fork has sensational stiffness and control ability second to none. Thanks to MTB Direct for a good price and delivery was extremely prompt cheers. Tony
Early Days but going great.
by Adrian C. -
Had the fork for about 2 weeks so early days but working real well. Main reason for getting this fork was that I was torn between 150/160 travel and wanted something that could be easily changed. The helm came as 160 but with about 20mins work and a couple of spanners it was easily changed to 150. Wasnt too hard to set up and is working great.